Call for Papers: HARTS & Minds Special Issue on Interactivity
HARTS & Minds are looking for articles, reviews, and creative pieces for a special edition on interactivity set for publication in 2020.
They are looking to accept:
- Articles: Abstract of 300 words. Accepted articles should be no longer than 6,000 words
- Book Reviews: Approx. 1,000 words covering any academic text relevant to the theme.
- Exhibition Reviews: Approx. 1,000 words on any event which deals, in some way, with the theme. This could be an art exhibit, museum collection, academic event or conference review.
- Original creative compositions: Creative-critical essays up to 6,000 words, short stories up to 4,000 words, poetry (up to three short pieces or one long piece) and visual works.
Suggestions for proposals could include, but are not limited to:
- Interactive environments and their application
- The relationship between creator and consumer
- Interactive hardware (Game Controllers, VR headsets, phones, etc.)
- Mediums such as: interactive film/fiction, analogue/digital games, Choose your own adventure.
- Examinations of open-ended play and its relationship to context building
- Audience/participation experience
- Interactivity and reception studies
- The dynamics of interaction
- Identity performance/formulation through interactivity
- Language used to talk about interactivity
- Strategies to encourage interaction
- Curated spaces (Interactivity between multiple creators and consumers)
All submissions should include a short bio-note, follow the guidelines available on the website, and use the appropriate article template. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by the following dates:
- 300-word abstracts (for 6,000-word articles): 2nd September
- Accepted articles: 2nd December
- Creative writing and reviews: 2nd December
- If you wish to provide a review for this issue please be in contact by the end of September